Tuesday, March 11, 2008

I am outta here!


I am restless.
I am so sick of the snow.
The windows can't be open. The sun beams are lengthening but still not a long enough day.
The birds are starting to come back and sing songs but I want more.
I want to lay in the hammock with Dad and listen to the robins quarrel, snicker at the antics of the squirrel-jesters and feel the soft summer breeze ruffling my fur.
I long for summer.
I yearn for days when I can take my collar off and run around without any clothes on.
When chipmunks come up on the window sill and tell me their wild tales of adventure. (They are quite possible the pirates of the backyard--such AMAZING adventures!)
When strawberries are fresh and juicy.
When tomatoes are so fresh picked that they were walked in from the backyard, washed and eaten.
The smell of charcoal, grilling steak and chicken.
The sound of mom and dad playing Trivial Pursuit on the deck. Watching them laugh and tease in the dimming evening light as the tiki torches are lit.
I even miss Tom Swift and his amazing nuclear powered tractor.
Oh please. Let summer come soon.
Or I am OUTTA HERE . . . it's time to hitchhike to Tennessee . . . or Arizona . . . or Hawaii. . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home