Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Been reading some

With mom and dad at work all day . . . sheesh . . . if it weren't for the sardines, I'd have to wonder, is it REALLY worth it? . . . .I've had a lot of time to read.

Lately I've been reading some humor (?) by Bill Bryson . . . some book about his growing up in the 50's.

No cats.

How could you grown up in the 50's and NOT have stories to tell about the great cats of the 50's?

I'm so so on the book. The part about nuclear bomb testing and the school "duck and cover" drills are cute . . . but he exaggerates and it's hard to tell when he's exaggerating, when it's real and most of all . . . it isn't funny.

And there's a lot of spit in the book. Seems like the pre-teen boy hobby in the 50's involved spit somehow.

Gross.

It isn't that funny. I liked Walk in the Woods MUCH better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home