Monday, February 25, 2008

. . . . more snow coming . . . . ~~sigh~~

It was a wonderful weekend. Dad's been sick with bronchitis and he can hardly talk without ending up coughing, so he and I curled up in the afghan and watched a movie, played some golf and later built a fire.

He's much better today so I SUPPOSE that mean's he will be going to work . . . bummer.

Yesterday over breakfast, Mom and I were reading travel magazines again. She reads the good stuff out loud to me and we both dream about the sandy beaches, the clear mountain air, the luxury hotels or the backpack camping trips. We spent some time learning about the different islands in Hawaii and also some of the mountain treks in Peru.

We have an understanding. Dreaming is free. Dreaming is fun . . . but in the end, she sleeps better in her own bed and I prefer KNOWING my tinned mice will be served at 8:30 p.m. . . . every night. On the white plates with little blue flowers. Three plates. One for me. One for Tiger, One for Chester so we don't fight and we don't have to share.

We still dream. Mom's thinking of trying the language tapes again--(That was a LOT of fun! She got stuck on the 12th lesson in Italian and it was hysterical trying to hear her put the sentances together.) Mom said she didn't appreciate the cat snickering.

I know I know . . . it was bad of us to chortle, but languages come so easy to cats . . . it's really funny to hear her mistakes!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home