Thursday, March 20, 2008

Happy First Day of Spring!

Kalamazoo has a snow storm warning, but the rest of the state will only get up to an inch of snow.

It must be Spring!

Why is it that the first week or two of season change is the most exhilerating?
Why does it get your blood pumping with anticipation?
Why are your senses highly tuned, looking for any evidence of the new season upon us?
Why do we cherish, thrill, announce and dance when we see the first flicker of snow, the first crocus, the first 80 degree day and the first sign of changing leaves?
In another week we will take these for granted.
The miracle of change--at first so AMAZING--becomes . .. . dull and hum drum.
We fail to appreciate the miracle.
We lose our joy and sense of wonder.
Perhaps short term memory loss isn't terrible?
If you woke up every morning and observed the day as if it were the first day of season change--you would be pretty happy and exhilerated.
No matter what the season.
No matter what the day.

Mom says cats have short term memories.

I beg to differ.

I remember things.

I remember that SHE put me in the basement last night and told me to knock it off.
I remember that SHE is the one that combed the snarly knot out of Tiger's hair and made him cry.
I remember that SHE is the one that . . .. well . . .okay . . . she held me. And she gets tinned mice for me. And she sings the Dougally Woogally song to me when no one else is around. And she lets me drive the car to the store . . . I mean she WOULD if she could. She said something about the National Guard coming in if I got behind the wheel of the car.

Today I am drawing pictures of Mickey Mouse with Bunny Ears. Katrina and Elizabeth are on their way to Disney this weekend and I MUST make sure they know what to look for!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home