Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Happy Birthday Dad


Dad's birthday was Sunday and there were two parties for him on Saturday. One was the family group and then later in the evening there were friends over.

Mom made TWO cakes and they were ALL GONE. No crumbs for kittens AT ALL.

Dad got three wishes that day. I don't know if he's used them yet. One for blowing out the candle on the first cake. One for blowing out ALL the candles on the second cake. And one for the shooting star he saw as we were sitting on the deck telling stories and chuckling and having a really really nice time.

Dad . . . I love you.

I wish for you joy.

I wish for you peace of mind.

I wish for you a lifetime supply of sardines--wrapped in little tins and delivered to the door by the nice UPS guy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home