Saturday, July 07, 2007

For some reason, Dad packed up his suitcases and left this morning. Mom said he'll be back in time for Erin's wedding, but that's TWO WEEKS AWAY.

I don't like all this travel stuff.
They go to airports. They don't take me. I'm left sitting around the house. It's not FAIR!
I've seen Charlie Brown. Snoopy can fly and he's a DOG! I'm much more well behaved. I should be able to fly.

Mom whispered to me that there's a secret!
Jon's finished his internship and will defend his thesis on Friday the 13th.
But that's not the secret.
And then he's flying home for Erin's wedding. He'll actually be home before Dad gets back from Korea.
But that's not the secret.
And then Jim's flying home two days before Dad's birthday.
But that's not the secret.
She said that those fancy handmade invitations with pictures of Dad at a year old wearing Mickey Mouse ears were SENT OUT to family and friends and that Dad's going to have a birthday party at the end of the month.
But that's not the secret.

She told me the secret.
But I can't tell. Cause Dad reads this blog, even when he's in Korea.

It's not a big secret, just a wee little one. But it's a good one.
We love you Dad.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes -- I DO read the blogs when I'm gone. And trust me -- you don't want to fly to faraway places. It's nicer at home.

So what's the secret?

July 08, 2007 7:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

MOM! that WAS a secret!

how am I supposed to surprise dad if you post it on your blog?!

July 09, 2007 12:14 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dougal's Mom said, "oops . . . sorry about that, Jim. Dad was reviewing his Frequent Flyer miles online and saw your ticket. That was right before he left, so I forgot to give you a heads up."

July 09, 2007 5:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry about that Jim -- it wasn't on purpose.

But while I was on the site, I changed your seat assignment. It's a small plane, so I put you on the side with single seats to try to give you some more room. I can send you a diagram if you'd like!

July 09, 2007 8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home