Monday, July 02, 2007

Mom is so very sad.
I'm sorry mom. I didn't know. It was when I was a young and silly kitten. I am so sorry.

She was cleaning the basement. She had her manuscripts down there . . . from a long time ago. And all of her rejection slips. See, she used to write a lot. And she'd submit the books for publication and she was almost published once . . . then her editor got fired.

Well kittens . . . they were bad and they . . . well . . . the manuscripts were stinky and all stuck together.

Mom sat down on the floor and just looked at the boxes. I knew she was stunned. I knew she was very very sad.

I saw her cry. She didn't yell or anything. Just put the stuff into garbage bags and was sad for the rest of the afternoon.

She said they were lousy manuscripts anyway. She was going to burn them. she said that she would have preferred to burn them. It would have been more about her taking control of an old dream . . . but finding the box in the corner-long forgotten and . . . well . . . peed on. . . . it was very sad.

Dreams shouldn't get peed on.

. . . When mom is done with the basement there will be no place to pee but in litter boxes. While this is a good thing . . . I'm still a little embarassed . . . . we were young and silly and used to pee in places we shouldn't have . . .

I'm sorry mom.

I'm so very sorry that you're sad and that you were a lousy writer anyway . . . there . . . I said it.

Can I still have sardines tonight?

2 Comments:

Blogger jon said...

I'm sorry to hear that.

July 02, 2007 10:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't want to hear you thinking you're a lousy writer. You are being too hard on yourself -- you're punishing yourself when you shouldn't. No -- the dream didn't work out at the time. But you are no less a person for that. And you are NOT a lousy writer -- regardless of what a psycho cat thinks...

July 03, 2007 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home