Thursday, April 05, 2007

Mom wrote to me from Oregon

Dearest Dougal,

I am with Jon and we have had a nice relaxing day today. I am typing this from Jon's kitchen table, which is a black cardboard table that we've set up next to the kichen window. The window faces west and I can see an asphalt walkway where two big gray fluffy squirrels are chasing each other. Next to the walkway is an ivy covered hill that slopes down towards a road that we can hear, but can't see from the window. We can't see it because there are large pine trees that block most of the view.

Jon has some kind of decidious tree next to his baloncy/deck. It's a large deck, large enough for a bbq, a table and chairs and maybe even some potted plants.

We have worked really hard to get him moved into his apartment. Mom drove a TRUCK to get his stuff up here. And she moved lots and lots of heavy boxes--and has the bruises to show for it.

Because we finished moving stuff in yesterday, we slept in late this morning, had eggo waffles for breakfast (I did, Jon had donuts) and read books and played video games.

Around lunch we went to this market near Jon's aparment. It was really fascinating! All organic foods and health conscious stuff. The wine selection was awesome and the fresh fish was incredible. I want to stay here and shop at his store. It even has a cheese counter where you can taste different cheese before buying them. There had to be several dozen kinds of cheeses!

Jon is unpacking some more boxes now. He found his beanie babies and is decorating the tv stand with a parrot, a bear and a beaver.

We made brownies for a snack and now we're waiting on a LASAGNA!!!!! which is just beginning to smell heavenly. His kitchen has a pantry about the size of our laundry room. It has some great storage here.

I miss you very much. I miss holding you and cuddline you and giving you kisses. i miss your paw on my cheek and your rumbly purrrrrrrrrr when you drift off to sleep.

I hope that you are loving Dad and making sure he isn't lonely or bored.

Jon said he won't be getting a cat right away. He wants to be more settled before he thinks about a cat. That and it's another $200 deposit! for pets!!!! (For that kind of money they should GIVE YOU the pet too . . . .)

There are some older couples (retired) in his apartment building. And there are also some young ladies. We ran into a couple blonde ones yesterday as we were unloading. One of them, seeing me moving the handcart stacked with boxes says, "Moving in?" And I wanted to say, "Yep . . . . here's your sign." (Ask Dad, he knows what I'm talking about).

There are some mighty fine cars in this town--and a couple nice ones in the parking lot. (just a couple)

We even saw a Maserati! This is clearly Porsche city, though. You can hardly go a block without seeing a 911 . . .

I love you lots and miss you lots.
I'll see you tomorrow--late--proabably around midnight.

Love mom
(and midnight)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home