Monday, November 10, 2008

You are getting very sleepy.

Be absolutely determined to enjoy what you do
--Gerry Sikorski

Nap
The sleepy curtain of warmth
steels upon my relaxed limbs
I am coddled in security
filled with peace.
Sunlight warms my back and hips
My tummy is pleasingly content with yogurt shared
I hear the thump of your heart beat
Under my drowsy head
The rhythmic beat pleases me

I stretch knowing you will catch me if I slip too far
The rumble of an unconscious purr settles bone and muscle
Like my own portable massage chair.

I relax
Lids drop slowly
heavy sigh releasing all the tension of a pent up day

I love this best.
Being with you, Dad.

Oh, I mean MOM! jeeze I forgot who I was napping on.

SHHHH!
I place a paw over your lips.
Shhhh.
Do not disturb the nap zone.

I feel you relax under me
Victim of my cuteness
Susceptable to my hypnosis techniques
You too are called to the comfort of sleep.

Isn't life grand?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home