Monday, October 27, 2008

Pick me! Oh! Oh! Pick Me!!! Pick Me!!!

A political pollster called!

They wanted to know if I intended to vote in the election.
Darn RIGHT I intend to vote!
They wanted to know if I minded being asked a few questions.
Oh not at all . . . how long will this take.
He didn't know. I was the first one who actually said they'd answer questions.

They wanted to know about the Congressional Race. Am I going to vote for the incumbant or the new guy.

I said the incumbant.

They asked a lot of follow up questions. Like, had I ever met him. Why yes. Have I heard him speak? Yep. And had I ever attended a town hall with him. You BETCHA! And I got to sit on his lap.

It got quiet there for a minute . . . and then the pollster continued.

What are the issues most important to you right now?
Well let's see . . . the Sardine supply line.
Legal Immigration of Penguins and
Pony Rides.

But I said, "The economy" Because that was the last choice he read off, he didnt' mention the Sardines, Penguin or Pony issues and I couldn't remember the other categories.

This is HARD! It's like Jeopardy in your own living room, but without the prizes.

Then he moved on
In thinking about the Presidential Election--how likely are you to vote? Well not very likely. See, while I INTEND to vote, I'm not actually registered to vote. I'm only 7 years old.

Well if he'd ASKED how old I was in the beginning I'd have told him. It wasn't like I was keeping it a secret. Not like I was bored or anything.

Mom gave me a treat and said, "Nice job. You're a GOOD cat! You can have the NEXT pollster too!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home