Saturday, August 02, 2008

A trip to the cat psychologist

Mom has been concerned for some time that perhaps I have "issues" with my older brothers.

So she's hired a cat shrink to figure out the situation. The woman lives in england, apparently and sent her report in a bound book called, "How to be a Cat Detective, Solving the Mystery of Your Cat's Behavior."

Let me go on record for saying that I don't trust the English. I've heard rumors that they're trying to take over the world. Like their language isn't enough domination, they want us to all trade in British Sterling AND drive supercars with such great emissions standards that 100% of the vehicle is recyclable AND the car's engine coughs out tiny baby foxes and nothing else.

That said . . . this British Broad did peg a couple things that are improving life around here.

In a Multiple cat household, intercat dynamics often lead to one cat being a bully. Unlike the "Alpha Dog" scenario--a bully cat doesn't build team spirit and a pack mentality . . . they're just mean.

I AGREE!!!!

Then the cat lady suggested that I'm the bully.

Say WHAT? It has to be Chester! He's the one that guards the top of the stairs. He's the one that pushes me away from my food bowl. I just try to defend my territory . . which is pretty much the rest of the house. . . . oh . . . and DAD. Dad's mine.

Indoor cats are often bored and need enrichment activities that help simulate hunting, foraging and other normal cat behaviors.

Okay . . . if what this means is we get more cat toys, then YES, I agree.

But APPARENTLY this also means that the food bowl gets moved (you have to find it.) and some of our food/treats get wrapped up in wax paper balls and we get to play with it and try to get the food out.

Mom also told me, "I've hidden some treats around the house. You can spend your day looking for them. It will keep you occupied."

Just for the record, "I don't like hunting and foraging for my food!" It's waaaaay too much like work.

I don't like the cat shrink. She knows too much.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home